More buildings to save your pence for!
* Thornbury Castle, Honeymoon Spot of Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn, On Sale for $10.3 million – Although since this one is also a hotel, I think I would settle for just staying there instead of buying the whole thing. I know several readers of this site have been there, but it’s still on my ‘to do’ list!
* Barsham Manor House on rightmove – This property in Norfolk intrigues me. Henry VIII apparently stayed there several times and it’s in an area that some of my ancestors are from!
* Knole House has £20 million revamp and unveils the National Trust’s biggest conservation project ever – Not one you can buy or stay overnight at, but you can visit! More about Knole at the National Trust
* King Henry VIII’s sixth wife collaborated with Thomas Tallis to write music to rally her husband for war – The fragmentary manuscript pages were used as stuffing for cracks in the walls (!!!) at Corpus Christi College, Oxford
* Hans Holbein in England – Interesting blog post from The National Archives, including excerpts from primary sources