1. Miss Wordsworth, Glimpses of the Past pp. 144-5.
2. Cooper (Memoir of Margaret, Countess of Richmond and Derby, p. 2) gives the grounds for assigning her birth to this date rather than to 1443.
3. Croyland Chronicle ('Continuation '), p. 398.
4. Excerpta Historica, p. 4. The year is given as 1443, but Cooper (p. 5, note 1) points out that the probable date is the 31st May, 22 Henry VI (1444).
5. The articles of Impeachment declared that the 'Duke of Suffolk sith the tyme of heis areste, hath do the seid Margarete to be maried to his seid sonne'. Impeachment of the Duke of Suffolk, 7th February 1450; Paston Letters, i. 99.
6. Hall, Chronicle, p. 185.
7. Paston Letters, Gairdner's ed., i, p. 124. William Lomner to John Paston, 5th May l450 (letter 93), and Introduction, XlViii, and xlix, note 3.