1. Rot. Parl. vi. 284; Cooper, pp. 30, 31.
2. Cooper (pp. 35, 36) enumerates the places named, and they are given in W. Campbell's Materials, ii. 130.
3. W. Campbell, ibid., ii. 284.
4. Bergenroth, Cal. S.P. Spanish, i. 163, 164, 178.
5. Cf. letter, p. 101, infra.
6. Antiquarian Repertory, i. 296-341 (from an old manuscript). Leland, Collectanea, iv. 179-84 (ed. 1774), gives a corresponding account of the 'Ordinances by Margaret, Countess of Richmond and Derby, as to what preparation is to be made against the deliverance of a Queen, as also for the Christening of the Chlld', &c.