Places

More about Hampton Court Palace at this site:

Hampton Court Palace History

divider

Copyright, image use
and linking information

Contact information


Thumbnail Description Location/Owner
The west front to Hampton Court. This is part of the original Tudor section of the Palace Photograph by Lara E. Eakins

The west end of the base court, part of Wolsey's original palace.

Photograph by Lara E. Eakins

East end of the Base Court, known as Anne Boleyn's Gate.

Photograph by Lara E. Eakins

Intricate carvings under Anne Boleyn's gate. Several symbols are visible such as the Tudor Rose in the center, a fleur-di-lis, the Boleyn falcon and the Beaufort portcullis.

Photograph by Lara E. Eakins

The "A and H" and "H and A" carvings under the Anne Boleyn Gate, which stand for "Henry and Anne"

Photograph by Lara E. Eakins

The "A and H" and "H and A" carvings under the Anne Boleyn Gate, which stand for "Henry and Anne"

Photograph by Lara E. Eakins

Gate with the astronomical clock

Photograph by Lara E. Eakins

A closer view of the clock gate, showing a little more of the details.

Photograph by Lara E. Eakins

A close-up of the astronomical clock

Photograph by Lara E. Eakins
The Fish Court, which would have been the center of operations during meal preparations Photograph by Lara E. Eakins
Another of the Tudor courtyards on the northern side of the palace Photograph by Lara E. Eakins
Range of buildings with Henry VIII's tennis courts Photograph by Lara E. Eakins
Henry VIII's arms outside the chapel royal Photograph by Lara E. Eakins
Henry VIII's wine cellars, built in 1536 Photograph by Lara E. Eakins
Section where the Tudor palace (left) meets the part built by William and Mary (right) Photograph by Lara E. Eakins
Ornate brick chimneys on the Tudor palace Photograph by Lara E. Eakins