Wax figures of Henry VIII and his wives up for auction. Photo: BBC.
Sorry for the lack of news round-ups this month, I’ve been trying to cram too much catch-up stuff into the weekends lately! So here’s several weeks’ worth of stories that caught my eye:
* Madame Tussauds figures and five shops to be auctioned – Anyone want to buy wax figures of Henry VIII *and* all the wives? If I had the money (and space to put them) I’d be tempted to buy them just get the costumes. I love that dress on the Anne Boleyn figure!
* Richard III reburial fundraising appeal starts – The diocese of Leicester said it had raised £1.9m of the £2.5m cost and set a £50,000 target for the public appeal.
* Shakespeare Folio found in French library – Librarian and Medieval literature expert Rémy Cordonnier has discovered a rare and valuable William Shakespeare First Folio.
* Couple build amazing new Tudor home from scratch – learning Elizabethan carpentry, roofing and plumbing – Be sure to check out the full photo gallery!
And just for fun:
* Super Flemish – I want to make all of those dresses!